- 2 large onions, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chili or crushed red-pepper flakes to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes(cannedare fine; include the liquid)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup lamb juice, from Slow-Braised Lamb Shanks
- Meat from Slow-Braised Lamb Shanks
- 2 teaspoons garam masala or curry powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup chopped raw cashews
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- Fresh chopped cilantro for garnish
- Put the onions, garlic, chili, ginger, tomatoes, coconut milk, lamb juice, lamb and spices in a large pot that can later be covered over medium-high heat.
- Bring the mixture just to a boil; cover, reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until the onions are very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in the cashews, then uncover and simmer steadily until reduced to desired consistency. Serve over rice.